Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh Rio...Oh Rio...

I got back to Rio de Janeiro on Monday the 18th, just in time for forro...as always, a great time in Laranjeiras. I met Marie-Charlotte and Amelie that night, absolutely crazy coincidences that have brought me to these French sisters and the next couple days I hung out with them. Lovely lovely girls.

Tuesday beach with Tahnee, Julio, and the sisters...talked with Tahnee about my dilemma about staying in Rio, how I had fallen in love with the city...she´s a totally special friend too...

Tuesday night I went for some more forro with Sebastien, the crazy Parisian, and met up with the French sisters as well.

Wednesday was tranquilo, some time with Cristiana, Luciano, and Julio in Copacabana.

Thursday I went to Leblon to see Cahe, then more Copa...

Friday...Ipanema with Spencer...jazz at The Maze, a mansion on top of a favela with live jazz on Fridays with a MARAVILLOSA view over Rio...surreal...Punto Latino...Yannick and I dancing in Lapa til way past sunrise...

Saturday...quality time with Danilo, gourmet kilo restaurant, movie at Catete Palace, salsa dancing at night, lovely Ipanema...

Sunday...Copa, Ipanema...

Monday...Ipanema, Catete, and finish it all off with my mini-goodbye deal at forro in Laranjeiras...

Tuesday a mad rush running around before catching my flight.

Conclusion: I am in love with Rio de Janeiro and I am going back as soon as I can make it work. Why do we need visas?!?

No comments: