Friday, January 5, 2007

Panic before the trip

I don't really know what a blog is. All I know is that for quite some time now people have been telling me I should have a blog, and have photos to go with it. I've recently gotten addicted to the photo bit of it, and the past few months have been full of uploading practically every image taken with my digital camera (Canon 20D - I LOVE it!)

I always feel like I should write stuff down, but get so overwhelmed with the concept of it that it just never happens. But now I'm actually gonna try to do it.

I leave in about 12 hours for my flight to Bangkok. I'm travelling for approximately 8 weeks through Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Sulawesi (Indonesia) for diving. I can't wait.

In fact, I can't wait so much that rather than preparing for the trip, I'm reading books about the places I'm going, and doing all sorts of other things that arguably I shouldn't be, when my backpack is nowhere near ready to go. Like sitting here writing this.

Alas, I will get off the computer and go pack. It's gonna be a long 24 hours!

1 comment:

annie awanohara said...

Yuri,
I am so glad that you are doing a blog. Now I can read everything that you do on the trips and I am impressed how you can get around so easily. Keep up the good work so that i can enjoy reading about your wonderful travels!
As always, take care,
love,
mama